Thursday, September 17, 2009

How many coats do I need to lay if I strip the floor to the bottom?

Question:
How many coats do I need to lay if I strip the floor to the bottom?

Answer:
Manufacturers recommend 100% of solid contents of finish. So, check the solid contents of your finish and make sure it is 100 %. If solid content is 25%, then you need to lay 4 coats. You can put more than 4 coats if you want, but it should be laid in all one day.

Question:
Can you lay only one or two coats one day and lay more coats on another day?

Answer:
Yes, but you might have to clean up the surface lightly with neutral cleaner before putting more finish on it.

Try our ON and ON or I-Shine Finish. Excellent for VCT type of floor.
To get more information on ON and ON or I-Shine, please try the search box on the left top corner.